HISTORY OF ST. JUDE THE
St. Jude the Apostle School was founded in 1983 through the Diocese of Baton Rouge to provide quality Catholic education to the children of St. Jude Parish.
From the early years with 110 children in three grades, St. Jude has grown to a school of nearly 600 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
Our facilities have grown to include a full-service cafeteria, art room, music room, library/media center, and state-of-the-art computer and science labs.
The school, as a ministry of St. Jude the Apostle Church, works closely with the Parish to minister to the academic, spiritual, and social needs of the students.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly qualified and certified faculty
- Core Knowledge Curriculum
- SACS Accredited, State Certified School
- Elementary reading and math centers
- Science lab for middle school classes
- Two computer labs (PK-4th and 5th-8th) with networks and internet access
- Rotating enrichment schedule that includes music, art, computer and
- French taught Pre-K thru eighth grade every grade level
- Monthly school-wide and grade level liturgies
- Annual retreats for every grade level
- Sacramental preparation for students and parents
- “Come, Lord Jesus” 8th Grade Religion Curriculum
- Christian morality taught in religion class
- Junior Beta Club
- Community Cougars
- Honor Choir
- Math Club
- Quiz Bowl
- Youth Legislature
- Beginning and advanced band programs
- CSAL sports program
- CYO sports program
- Cheerleading squad
- Active athletic association
- Intramural sports PK-4th Grade
PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
St. Jude the Apostle School strives to provide an educational environment in which a student can attain his/her full potential. The school believes that each student should be treated and respected as an individual with recognized needs and differences. Through a growing understanding of their relationship with Christ, we hope to encourage each student to recognize and develop their unique talents and abilities.
By providing an environment in which students can grow spiritually, emotionally, socially, and intellectually, the school strives to develop well-rounded citizens willing and able to contribute to their community.
As St. Jude School provides each student an opportunity to experience the Catholic heritage, we hope to instill a lifelong commitment to the Catholic faith through teaching, liturgy
We believe that through the experiences encountered at St. Jude School each student will develop into a happy, productive individual ready to meet the challenges of modern life.